Wednesday, May 13, 2009

One step closer! (Translation: YAHOO!!!)

My heart's desire has been to stay at home with my kids. I was able to do this with Rush up until she was in Grade 1 (other than one year of working 2 full-time jobs and never seeing her and on and off for another 2). My heart has cried and broken that I haven't been able to do that with Jellybean & Bug. Well, I got to for a bit when I was babysitting during the day and then waitressing at night once BigB got home, and I did that for about 2 or 3 years.

Lately, I have spent many hours crying out to God and many more hours where my heart felt like it was going to break into a million pieces especially at certain points of the day (like when other people were picking my children up from school).

This morning BigB woke me up before he left for work to tell me that he is thinking it will be feesible once September hits. September! I just have to get through the summer and hopefully it will all work out. When you put your focus on God instead of your circumstance, He will add your heart's desire onto you! He really will!

So here lies "the plan" for now:
*I work until middle of August and we evaluate whether it is for certain within our grasp (God will provide for us after all).
*If "the plan" is still a go-ahead, I talk to my boss about changing my hours from 8:30-5:00 to 7:00-1:00. There will only be 1.5 hours of my shift per day that is not covered. If she agrees, great; if not, I look to any place that will give me morning shifts.
*I possibly take on 1 or 2 kids who are in school mornings only like Bug and watch them during the afternoon.

Bonus, if my current boss agrees to my proposal (praying for favor - *grin*), we still have medical/dental coverage and I get paid time off at Christmas & Easter.

Now, I am not going to stress over keeping this job (although it would be nice) because I know that whatever happens, God is in control and it is clearly stated in Deut 29:9 that if we follow (carefully) the terms of the covenant we have with God that we will prosper in ALL we do. Jer 29:11 also states that He knows the plans He has for us and those plans involve prospering us and not harming us.

So there you have it; "the plan" thus far and I am trying to keep in the back of my head that ALL THINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! WE are, however, one step closer!

No comments: