Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Baby's got back nerve

A couple days ago Jellybean informed me that she saw the next door neighbor in is yard as she took the garbage out.

"I decided I needed to talk to him, Mama."

"You did?" (Um, this doesn't sound good. What did she say?! What did she say?!) What did you say, baby?"

"I just let him know that I go to bed at 8:30 and that his kids are too loud outside and they keep me awake real late and maybe he might wanna keep them in the house after 8:00 and put them to bed, please."

(Oh dear Lord, she's telling this man how to parent his children. He is going to be offended. Red alert! We have an offended neighbor! What are we gonna...Heh! Good for her for at least making her needs known and for not just accepting it as the way things have to be. She did say 'please'.)
"Um? Honey, you probably shouldn't have said that to him, ok? But I am glad that you were polite in trying to fix your problem; I am also glad that you tried to fix your problem. You DID say 'please' right? I mean, you told him nicely?"

"Yes, mama I was nice to him."

What do you think? Do I make them cookies or pretend like it never happened?

3 comments:

momonthe_go said...

cookies... oatmeal raisin ones and then you get them to bring them over to rissa's house...

Louise said...

Make his kids some cookies laced with sleeping powder so JellyBean will get her wish... and good for her.

Love Mom said...

Ha ha ha to both of you.

Riss, why didn't I think of that to begin with? Jellybean gets bold with neighbor. Mmmm, must bake Riss cookies. {grin}

Good idea there Cuz! Perhaps it will work! {grin]

I totally ♥ your ideas!