Monday, March 09, 2009

Sit for a bit and get to know us on a much deeper level. :D

What are your middle names?My middle name is Melanie. BigB's middle name is Arthur. Now guess whose middle name Rush wanted when she wanted to change her last name when she was 6 years old. Yeppers, not mine!

How long have you been together?We have been married for 9 years this June and together since 1997. Crap! Has it been THAT long? Wow!

How long did you know each other before you started dating? Um a few months. We had met in a bar. He liked me; I thought he was really weird in a backwoods, hillbilly, red-neck kind of way and he stared at me WAY TOO LONG before we had even talked to each other. Well, technically I had all ready talked to him but yelling at him to get out of my way while I ran my puking friend to the bathroom totally doesn't count!

Who asked whom out? We had gone out a couple of times as "friends" with a group of people. Little did I know what "friends" really meant. So, I guess that doesn't count. I asked him to babysit for me while I was working my night job at the bar and he never left. So, uh...I guess me.

How old are each of you?I'm 34 and he is 41. Do you know how much fun it is to remind him that he was married with a kid and I was still in high school or that while I was in grade 12 his son was in kindergarten or that the tv shows he watched I only saw as re-runs?

Whose siblings do you see the most? Well, we see his brother once a year tops so I guess mine. Yay! I win!

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple? Well, I guess that would have to be the fact that I get stressed out over not being able to work part-time and being home more with the kids and taking care of the kids and keeping my house as clean as it was when I was on maternity leave. Oh, how i long for those days when I had the time to be able to make rainbow cups and worms and dirt for my children...Ah, the good ole days.

Did you go to the same school? Nope, we sure didn't. In fact our high schools were rival high schools, just like the T-birds and the Scorpions. We hated L.P. Miller! Mustangs ROCK! I went to Office Admin and he went into GeekNerd; totally different schools needed for those classes.

Are you from the same home town? No, I grew up country gal cool and he grew up in a small town with a statue of a white fox (weird).

Who is smarter?What kind of smarter are we talking about here because I am more of a school smart and he is more of a LOVEMOM COULD YOU PLEASE STOP WRECKING COMPUTERS kind of smart. His strengths are my weaknesses and my strengths, his weaknesses. In the immortal words of Jerry Maguire "You complete me". GAG! No really, we do.

Who is the most sensitive?I refuse to answer this question on grounds that it may incriminate me and be used in a court of law somewhere.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?Um, hello we don't really have any good places here in town but we LOVE going to Kansas City to go to Mongolian BBQ. Well, that's not the only reason because that would be an unbelievably, stupidly expensive date.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?From the edge of divorce to restoration. Is that far enough or do you want a carnal answer? Fine then! Go with the boring, non-rejoicing answer! Kansas City, MO.

Who has the craziest exes? Could you give me a little more clarity on your definition of crazy...?

Who has the worst temper? BigB is quick tempered but I am more volcanoish in nature so in our very different ways I think we are equal. However, we are both working on eliminating my answer here. Yay us!

Who does the cooking?Rush but only because I work until 5. I make the meal plan though and do as much prep-work as I can so I guess we tag team as much as possible. There are dishes BigB makes that we could NOT LIVE WITHOUT like pizza and meatball stroganoff and boy, can that man grill a steak!

Who is the neat-freak? I used to go to his house just to move his salt and pepper shakers slightly and watch him squirm as he tried to resist moving them back. Need I say more?

Who is more stubborn? I am not stubborn I am determined as I am Norwegian. WE Norwegians are determined and not at all stubborn. BigB, on the other hand, is stubborn. Combine those two genes inour children and you get OH DEAR LORD GIVE US STRENGTH!

Who hogs the bed?Next question please...Ok, serioulsy we both take turns. Some mornings I wake up with BigB's face imprinted in the side of my face; other mornings I wake up to find him curled in the fetal position at the foot of the bed and I at a 90 degree angle.

Who wakes up earlier?This is definitely where I do NOT shine!

Where was your first date?The first place we ate at was a Humpty's at 4 AM after leaving the bar but that wasn't really a date. Was it? We went to this really cool Italian restaurant once with THE BEST brushetta EVER! Our first date was SUPPOSED to be a David Wilcox concert but he stood me up so I went with other friends.

Who is more jealous?In the past, definitely BigB but I think that jealous bone has diminished somewhat or he has it well disguised.

How long did it take to get serious?We were in denial for so long. "JUST FRIENDS" that I would have to ask my friend Crystal when we got serious b/c she was more intuned with our feelings than we were!

Who eats more?BigB definitely.

Who does the laundry?We both do.

Who's better with the computer?Considering he went to school to be a GeekNerd I sure hope he is!

Who drives when you are together?He does. I think its because he doesn't like going corners at speeds that cause his tummy to do back-flips; he's not one for those kind of carnival rides, I guess. My driving is faster than the Tilt-A-Whirl.

No comments: