Monday, March 09, 2009

Hanging by a moment

That's how I felt, like at any moment, what I feared (and I use the term loosely), was going to happen would happen. BigB had called to let me know he was done school and ready to be picked up. I ran out the door balancing mitts, phone and all those other important run-out-the-door items. My hands were so full I couldn't get the car keys unlodged from my coat pocket so I did the only thing I could think of to free a hand...took my cell phone, which is on vibrate, and clenched it in my teeth. No sooner was I completely committed to this act when the thought hit me "HE IS SO TOTALLY GONNA CALL ME RIGHT NOW, ISN'T HE!?"

A few anxiety ridden moments later (heh, my front teeth are not authentic as I knocked THEM out learning to skate backwards in those ridiculous danger boots on blades with picks when I was 5 1/2) I settled into the car and spat out the phone call-less. WHEW!

No comments: