Sunday, July 17, 2005

Wow!

I sit at my computer an emotional wreck from a movie Bill & I just finished watching. "Million Dollar Baby" (Clint Eastwood, Hillary Swank, Morgan Freeman) is, barre none, the best movie I have seen in a really long time. I don't think I have the ability to verbalize the way this movie hit me. It just really impacted me as I sat and watched it. Both, Bill & I were completely surprised by how this movie ended figuring it for another happy ending Hollywood production but...Wow!

Apparently, Hillary Swank was trained by a guy in Saskatoon. Name? Number? Send this sucker my way because he did a phenomal job on Miss Hillary. She was one lean mean fighting machine. However someone else needs to foot the bill because I think he may be bringing in some serious coin after this movie.

Anyway, for me, this movie left me with one word on my lips...WOW! I would definitely recommend it to anyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. I love Clint Eastwood-directed movies, but I'm hesitant to watch this one because a) I know how it ends and b) I know I will be ethically bothered by the ending. But maybe it's worth seeing anyway. For other Eastwood greats check out: "Unforgiven" and "Mystic River".

You sat at your computer and watched it? Please tell me you have a DVD drive on your computer!

Love Mom said...

No, I don't have a DVD drive in my computer but since it is very close to the living room...the rest is blogging history. (I watched on my tv)

Yes, ethically the ending is quite bothersome but I still really enjoyed it. The ethical aspect of it didn't even register to begin with; it wasn't until I let it sink in a bit that I began to even think about that.

I have seen both of those movies you mentioned and liked them a lot too.