Sunday, July 24, 2005

I won server bingo!!!

That's what I said, server bingo. Last night we had a little game at work where we had a bingo sheet of menu items and we were to bring our receipt showing we had sold said item and got that square initialled by a manager. There were 3 prizes: a free staff meal, a free schooner of beer and a 2 movie passes/ $10 gift letter combo. I got a line first and won a free staff meal; I then got the 4 corners and won, my family and friends will laugh, a schooner. Yes, a schooner...that's 32 oz of beer. I rarely drink; I may have one drink a year...maybe. When I do drink, it most certainly isn't beer. I hate the smell of beer; it takes me back to the times I was attacked (especially when it is on someone else's breath) and when I was a drinker, I couldn't drink beer anyway. Two beer, maybe 3 would do me in but I could drink hard alcohol like it was water. Should have drank the beer; I could have saved a lot of money.

So back to my bingo story, I asked my manager if I could substitute an "ordinary drink" in place of this schooner and she said 'yes'. I mean really, a $3 drink instead of a $5. So, some night, after work I may sit with some of my co-workers for a visit and have myself a caesar, my drink of the year, or go out for supper with my sis when she is in town running errands.

I worked hard but didn't quite make the black out in order to get the movie pass combo. I am kind of glad though. It gave someone else a prize. If we ever play server bingo again, though...watch out...no holds barred. (=P)

3 comments:

tanby said...

so now you are going to be come addicted to bingo? or are you just very competetive? just jokes congrats that makes the time pass a little more quickly and gives you something to look forward to

T

Love Mom said...

No, not addicted to bingo...server bingo...lol. It was pretty fun.

haklor said...

can you describe the game better for me - i own a restaurat and woudl liek to play with my staff.