Thursday, July 21, 2005

Happy Birthday, Baby and Daddy

Today my son turned 2 years old. What a glorious day we had. Phone calls from loved ones, a birthday supper with mom and dad and brothers & sisters (minus 2), birthday cake, birthday songs, a fun trip to the playground, picking out his own movie to rent (Bob the Builder), opening presents and a nice, quiet ending to a fun day...watching the movie.

It's so nice to spend time with the people who are important to you. I can't believe how fast the last two years have gone. The milestones we have reached together are so overwhelming.

So birthday, boy. Mommy loves you so very much. You make me so proud and fill my heart with such an abundance of love.

My dad had a birthday today too and, since I know he will want me to say he turned 35, I didn't get to talk to him as he is in Hudson Bay. I miss him and it just didn't feel right not being able to tell him I love him. So, I love you dad; happy birthday.

No comments: