Monday, July 18, 2005

Happy Birthday!!!!!

Today is my sis' birthday!!! I know she isn't really fond of her birthday for more reasons than I really can comprehend; she misses her family and although I do understand missing family, I don't understand missing family to the degree she misses hers. It makes me sad for her and I want more than anything to know how to make this day so very special for her. She deserves to feel special on her birthday...everyday but especially on her birthday.

She just got back from a relaxing weekend at a spa and I'm sure that helped but the thing is, she had to work really hard to get there. I mean, granted, she could still enjoy it and all, I am sure but, that wasn't something just given to her. She worked very hard to save the money to go. I had really wanted to be able to help her out financially so she didn't have to save so much but it just didn't work out this time.

As for her birthday, I got her something she mentioned a really long time ago that she/they didn't have in their house and it would be kind of nice to have one but I also really want to get her something special just for her and I still really have no idea what that could be. I don't have enough for sound proofing for any of the rooms downstairs (although I know she would LOVE that). So something special for a women who self sacrifices daily for her wonderful family, who works hard making sure her house is clean and there are always cookies for her kids (and her niece who looks devestated if auntie has no cookies...yikes)...

..I don't know if I can think of anything that I feel is special enough for my sister on her birthday. Why? I have thought of so many things and they all seems so insignificant, not special enough for her. She is a very, very special person to me and I love her with all my heart.

So, on your special day, my dear sis, my prayer (and part of my gift for you) is peace, peace in your heart, a calmness in your spirit and a joy that knows no end. May you feel the love that we all have for you with extreme measure and not doubt that you are a wonderful person in our lives, well-deserving of every happiness. I love you!


P.S. The kids are shouting "Happy Birfday, AUNTIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Love Mom said...

Okay...my special gift to you...is to spend the day with you. As well as the other something I mentioned earlier. wink wink...

I meant every word I said in there, my dear, every word...