Thursday, July 07, 2005

Vacation Jag

So as nice as it is to be back from vacation and seeing my family and friends, it feels odd to be here. It feels odd to not be waking up in a king size bed and to sluff my way to the patio so I can look out at the picturesque lake and watch the bumble bees bumbling around the flowers or the humming birds zipping to and fro, more fro than to. It feels odd to not be able to just call up our freinds from there and go to the coffee shop for my smoothie or for Bill's Carmel Machiato (spelling?) with an extra shot....(WARNING: Bill on that much caffeine is frightening!!!)

It feels odd to be driving with the windows open and smell the absolutely devine smell of a JackStack BBQ restaurant. Can someone say "heaven sent"? That was seriously some of the best bbq I've had in my life and raspberry tea (iced tea...the way they make it in the States...delicious). It also feels odd to be driving through the city and only see city. In Kansas City you can be in suburb central even pass a Super Walmart and Super Target and the next thing you know you are in the middle of somebody's horses or Texas long horn cattle and then, Bang!, back in suburb central withing 5 minutes. Cool or what?!

One of the coolest things I saw on this trip were fire flies or lightning bugs or whatever you want to call them but they were really cool.

For now, I have nothing else to say. It is good to be back with my kids but this vacation jag... what a drag...

No comments: