Friday, July 29, 2005

Great Expectations

Well, we bought a tent trailer and boy, oh boy are the kids excited. We are going down to Kansas City for a week starting Aug 16 and we'll be camping at a beautiful lake for the entire time. Little by little, we have been getting dishes, tarps, etc (all the camping needs) together.

The kids have been funny about the entire trailer deal. While it was still all folded down (being a tent trailer) Cherish wondered how in the world we were going to get in it and how we were all going to fit. Once set up, Hallie and Aren bounced from bed to bed with squeals of delight. At one point, Hallie even informed us that she was 'In heaven". I believe I told her she had a very low expectation of what Heaven will be like. Regardless, the kids are thrilled to have this home away from home and are so pumped to be able to go camping for a week. I hope it is everything they imagine and more.

I have to admit, I am looking forward to this trip a lot more than the others, not that I didn't look forward to them. It is just that it has been a long time...no, we have never taken a family trip like this before. In fact, we have never gone camping period. The last time Bill & I went camping Cherish was 5 years old and she didn't come with us. We are hoping to take the kids to the zoo and perhaps, if needed (most likely) stop somewhere along the way for a night...perhaps Mount Rushmore...

2 comments:

tanby said...

going back to a previous post. SPOILED!!! do you mean to say the kids now have 2 houses??/ lol just jokes. I can see why you are so excited for this vacation. its about time you took some time to do something for you. and for you that means great family time. i'm sure it will be a blast

Love Mom said...

Have you sent your email yet? If so, I haven't gotten it.

Bud...you aren't expected to pay anything back. I just hope I was able to help at least by your knowing that you had people you could vent to.

T...apparently this DOES make the kids spoiled doesn't it? I'll have to let my co-worker know...lol

R...stow away...if I had room I'd take you in an instant. Maybe we'll have to take a girls trip or something...or the 2 families or something....