Sunday, July 31, 2005

Is There Any Point?

So, it is now 4 AM. Is there any point to try going back to bed? I still haven't fallen asleep. As I lay in bed waiting to succumb to sweet sleep, I heard a muffled cry. This cry made me doubt I was hearing one; I listened and I waited but I just wasn't sure. I thought I heard Aren crying but...

I got up and listened by his door; I heard nothing but still had a nagging feeling so I opened the door. In my tired state I saw a figure, a very short figure and wondered, for a minute, if it was his teddybear or something. I even had to supress a scream for a moment because I really wasn't expecting to see anything sitting up in the middle of his floor.

Yes, Aren fell out of bed...again. He has done this the majority of the week, poor little guy. Most nights he falls out and proceeds to roll under his bed. This results in him whacking his head really hard when he attempts to get up. Poor little guy.

I haven't seen much of Aren (or the other kids) this week so took this moment as an opportunity. We snuggled, read stories and he showed me Bob the builder, winnie the pooh, his horse and that he knew my name (he pointed at my chest and said "mom"; he then pointed at his own chest and said "meh" or "weh"-it was hard to decipher-but it was him whether it was Aren or me he was attempting to say.

Anyway, he is now snuggled into his bed, tucked into his blanket and wearing a fresh, dry diaper, has a cool sippy cup of milk and is probably sleeping and dreaming of digging in dirt by now. I, on the other hand, am wondering if there is any point in going to bed anymore. After all, I will cough and hack and keep myself awake until morning when, the cough will ease up a bit and I can get at least a few hours sleep and miss seeing and playing with my kids. Ah, I'll give it a try and pray I fall asleep so I can enjoy my one day off this week with my kids. (When does that vacation start...?)

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

Hi Angela,
Sorry to hear that your night of sleep wasn't quite so sleepful. Is that why you guys weren't at church yesterday? I missed you. I haven't seen you for a long time and a hug from you would be nice. Maybe we should make a coffe date! (Has it been a year?) Who cares?! We need to go out...