Monday, June 13, 2005

The Simple Things

As you have all read Hallie has the "pops" and is, without a doubt, uncomfortable, itchy and irritable. We bought popsicles and creamsicles and oatmeal baths. She loves the oatmeal baths; I imagine it must take the itch away. The popsicles and creamsicles make her smile when we give her one of those. Today, she glowed; her face lit up. Why? Well, those of you who know Hallie know that she loves Strawberry Shortcake. I happen to have a strawberry lipgloss and let Hallie put some on. It tastes really good and smells absolutely yummy. She told me that she felt like a Strawberry Shortcake princess. The simple things can make us feel so much better when we are feeling sick, sad or whatever.

I got my nails done a couple months ago now and I felt better about myself; now I just have to make the hair appointment I have been talking about since I got money for a haircut for mother's day. It has been a very, very long time since I have had a haircut of any sort. Taking a bath or having a shower when I am feeling under the weather helps me feel good about myself too. You know when you use all your pretty smelling shower gels and matching lotions, body sprays and what not.

I can't say that getting into my mercedes wouldn't make me feel better too but I don't have a mercedes, have never been in a mercedes and probably never will so I couldn't say for sure. Sometimes I think the people who can afford these luxuries take them for granted and it doesn't give them the simple satisfaction it would you or me. I will stick to my nails, my hair, my matching scent bath products and the glow on my daughter's face when she feels like a Strawberry Shortcake princess.

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

There's just something about Strawberry Shortcake...
Strawberry Cheesecake is pretty darn good too!