Tuesday, June 14, 2005

A look at Prairie French

I'm first!!! I'm first!!! Now that I have gotten that out of my system I shall continue.

I would like to instruct you all on the fine art of Prairie French. It is quite a language. Let me give you an example, the same one I gave to Paula at Boston Pizza today. Jaune-Vert equals John Vert. Emphasis on the "t". We were joking around when I gave Kayden back his crayon (the one he threw at me) and said "here is your john vert crayon". I think Paula darn near choked on her pecan salad.

Badly spoken french reminds me of a friend of mine from high school who only took a couple years of French (gr 6 and 7) and went to Quebec for a competition. We had to teach her how to ask where the bathroom is, a definite need when one travels is to know how to ask that question and she also wanted to know how to say 'I want french fries'.

This story was extremely funny as it was happening, less funny as I tell it but what I think made it funny was the fact that Paula found it so very funny. I dunno.

She wondered who would blog it first and being of a competitive nature I figured I would have to win and I did. Tee hee hee.

2 comments:

Spin Original said...

John Vert! HA HA HA! I am still laughing! I haven't told Cailyn her new nickname yet, Ruge Vert. You crack me up!

Love Mom said...

oops...sorry. You can blame the family tree...

Again, all I can say is sorry