Friday, June 24, 2005

5 Years of Bliss

Today is Bill & my 5th anniversary...5 years of bliss, right? Well, we have had our ups and downs and we have both had moments of wondering if we really did the right thing but things have gotten so much better. We have had a couple of terrific years...not saying fight free but we have learned how to fight fair.

I consider myself pretty lucky; Bill is thoughtful most times and he protects me when he thinks someone is trying to hurt me. At times, he gets a little too protective and gets upset by a simple comment that was said off the cuff but it makes me realize that he loves me. He is a good dad to the kids and a good friend to me. He provides for us and I know he wishes he could do more and that makes it all the more special.

I do wish we were able to spend more time together and had more time to do stuff together, with friends and with family but I am sure that day will come.

I hope this doesn't come across hokey or whatever. I just can't seem to express myself accurately on this subject. I am so thankful that I have Bill in my life. We didn't start off this relationship as best friends; I think I can honestly say that but, we are now and it can only get better from here, right?

So happy anniversary, Baby. I guess I get sort of sentimental on June 24 every year. Not only because I married Bill on this day but because my dear, dear grandpa was born on this day in the year 1900. He is no longer with us but I remember him always and especially today. I love you, Grandpa...see you...someday...

2 comments:

Spin Original said...

Happy Anniversary Guys! I didn't realize that Dion and I have a whole year on you two! Strange...

Love Mom said...

Don't worry about it, hun...You guys have a lot on your plate right now...We love you too!!!