Sunday, June 12, 2005

It's Getting Pretty Bad

Poor, poor Hallie. It's all right for me to say that here and at this time of night. We are really trying not to feed into her self-pity party but it is so very hard. This child has "pops" the size of dimes and a fever and, the worst part yet, "pops" around her eyes, in her eyelashes, on her eyelids, in her eyelids and her one eye is extremely bloodshot. Bill thinks she has one on her eyeball and that is what is causing it to go bloodshot. Is that even possible, to have "pops" on your eyeball?

She's having a hard time sleeping due to the fever and her lack of comfort so we let her sleep with us. I think that eases the comfort level for all involved. We can keep a close eye on her; she is with mom & dad and Cherish isn't kept awake by whimpering and crying.

I am pretty certain that once I tear myself away from the computer that I will wind up having to make a bed on the couch as I will be little kidded out of my bed. You all know what I mean. You've been there. The child is 3 feet tall but somehow takes up a Queen bed by herself. Science would say it is impossible; parenthood proves it over and over again.

I'm off to bed now though...I think we are in for quite a night. Thankfully Bill bought popsicles for Hallie and they seem to help her "feel better".

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

Again, THOSE DARN POX!!! I feel bad for you. Not all kids have then that bad. Poor Hallie, too. Both of mine had a fever with their pox for 2 days, while others had no fever at all. Strange how things affect peoples bodies differently. Kinda like food... some eat pizza or sweets every day and are still "skinny Minnies" whereas if I even smell it I gain 2 pounds. What is up with that?

P.S. I hope you get some GOOD sleep soon...