Monday, June 13, 2005

Rationalize This...

"Analyze This" was about a mob leader seeking psychiatric treatment. His antics were amusing and entertaining. Leaving the viewer feeling a little sorry for this man and sympathetic for his therapist.

"Rationalize This" is about a mom who daily attempts to rationalize with her almost 2 year old son as he goes through temper tantrum after temper tantrum.

Why can't he wave daddy's screwdrivers in the air like an air traffic control person?
Why can't he drum on the kitty's head with wooden spoons?
Why can't he have a bath 2 minutes before lunch?
Why can't he play outside by himself?
Why can't he shake the fish tank stand so that the poor fish are in tidal wave after tidal wave?
Why can't he have a popsicle like Hallie when she finished her lunch and he didn't?
Why can't he throw himself down on the floor when you try leading him somewhere he doesn't want to go?
Why can't he punch the girls in the eyes?
Why can't he give the girls a helpful shove down the stairs?
Why can't he wear all of his shirts at the same time?

This leaves the viewers feeling sorry for the mom (the dad, the sisters, the cat and the fish) as she pulls her hair out, tries not to burst into tears (or flames) and tries to explain the rational reason why it is probably not a good idea to stick the cat in the toilet for her bath.

Ah, we long for our children to stay little forever and for them not to grow up. People!!! Remember what 2 year olds are like!!!!! Perhaps we can put them on pause at a different age group...like 5 or 6...but then...

7 comments:

Christy said...

Man oh man, this blog is SO familiar! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog...do you know each other from MG?

Love Mom said...

We weren't "friends" really but we talked a few times. Our friends sort of ran in different circles. I wasn't in a great crowd of people, not the worst but you know. I do recognize you from your wedding picture though.

Spin Original said...

This is great. I love reading your blog. It makes me laugh to realize I am not the only one with stories like mine! Love you Angela!

Christy said...

Wow..small world, especially in cyber space. There is no name on your blog, so I have no way to place you though. ;)

Ciao!

Love Mom said...

My first name is Angela last initial K. I am in the year book with big, big hair. It was also black.

Christy said...

Honey, we ALL had big hair back then. ;)

Love Mom said...

Don't you know it! ;)I don't kow if you and I were in any classes together. I have been trying to think if we were or not. I am wondering about English perhaps. Oh and my hair was more like an afro b/c it's really really curly.