Sunday, October 09, 2005

Things Your 12 yr Old Never Tells You...

While tucking Hallie into bed tonight I saw a paper sticking out of Rush's backpack that read "Rating for Oral Presentation". Wha...!!! This is the North Korea project that she had had so much trouble finding information on, the project she spent a lot of time on MSN recruiting Tanya's help finding appropriate websites she could go to (she is not allowed to just look at sites without someone finding out first if the site she is going to actually contains the information she seeks or if it is some cover for 'you-know-what'). Anyway, I looked at said note to find out that she got a 41 out of 45 on her project. Hooray!!! That's 91%!!

She is learning guitar in Music class this year; we were told this. Things we weren't told about this class are that her teacher handed them a book and a guitar and told them each to go to a different area of the school and learn it. Every so often, they get a test and she grades them on what they have learned...er, taught themselves. The other thing she never told us about this class is that the teacher gives them sheet music to learn according to how well they have done on these "exams" and she (Rush) is the first grade 7 student to get level 2 music.

She has grown so much since summer that none, and I mean NONE, of her pants fit her properly! I just bought her new pants in July!!! While going through Hallie's clothes, Rush informs me that she doesn't have any pants that fit her and needs some more as soon as possible. Boy, what a hard pill to swallow when we don't have the money for that right now. It sure would be nice if her S.D. would pull through and send some money. I have been emailing my worker through Maintenance Enforcement every week for 3 weeks now and have gotten no response. I am so very close to telling them that I am going to go to the paper to let them know how well (NOT!!!!) they have helped me (since he is $4000.00 plus in arrears).

Speaking of dead beats not paying their child support, I saw something that I thought was hilarious and was SO VERY tempted to do. I saw a parked car that had a sign in it saying that so and so could gamble but couldn't afford to pay child support. My take on that would be to just put this huge sign in my window whenever I am parked (especially in Saskatoon) saying "D.W. owes this much money and refuses to pay it"!! Oh sweet, sweet, sweet...but probably hust a fantasy to play out in my imagination from time to time...

1 comment:

tanby said...

congrats to rush for doing so well on her report. it was hard for me to hrlp her much since im so for away but we tried and she did great. she was so determined to do well and she did. Yeah, Rush. im so proud of you you did great.
T