Wednesday, October 05, 2005

A Blizzard...

...and no, I don't mean the ice cream. I was just watching the news and there is a blizzard not that far from here. The snow is every where...it is icy, slippery and the drivers have somehow forgotten how to drive in it. People, 9 months of our year (only a slight exaggeration) is snow and blizzards. If anything, we should forget how to drive when it's nice out but no...common sense and drivers ed go right out the window when the first flakes start to fall. Oy!!! I am so glad that we have held off and that this blizzard has not yet graced our neck of the woods with its presence. Mornings are bad enough trying to get these girls off to school without having to add ski pants and winter boots to the equation. I am going to have to get this morning schedule tweeked before then or have to get them to walk by themselves without Aren & I (he tends to be a bit too inquisitive on the way to school and dawdles).

Speaking of Aren, tomorrow he starts his "Time For Two's" club at the library. He was very excited about it when I told him what tomorrow is. Patience is a virtue he is in need of learning. Every 5 minutes today he told me "let's go" when I told him we were going to see Auntie and Carter after we picked Hallie up. Needless to say, he got all shy when we met up with them and didn't talk to them very much. It wasn't until we were about to leave that he started warming up enough to start talking. I think this library thing will help him with that...get him used to different people and talking around them. He also started his speech therapy on Monday. He only goes 6-7 weeks and then takes a break but he did real well. We'll see how much better he does in 2 weeks when he goes back after Thanksgiving.

No comments: