Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Growing Up is Hard to Do...

Hallie suffered her first heartache today. A friend of hers is having a birthday party and she was not invited. Her little eyes filled to the brim when she told me. Being the over protective mom I am thought 'why didn't that little brat invite my baby?'. Ok, not really but I am sure it would have been easy to think that. I told Hallie that sometimes we aren't going to get invited to our friends' parties because maybe her mom and dad told her that she could only invite a few people and she chose other people this time, maybe people she has been friends with longer. I also told her that there would be plenty of parties for her to go though and that this was just the beginning of them. It is sad for her because that is one of the reasons she was so excited about going to school was so that she could make friends and be invited to parties. She is so pleased that she is getting to make friends so it is disheartening. I am sure she will be asking us to buy presents once every few weeks soon enough. All in due time; all in due time... However, in the mean time growing up is hard to do and so is being mature about our disappointments. (I'm not sure if some adults are ever able to get past theirs.)

Update...
On a completely other topic not even closely related. Aren can blow bubbles!!! All ri...ight!??? You may be wondering why that is noteworthy. Betty, the speech therapist said that that is an exercise they use to see if children have muscle problems that are causing their lack of speech. (I learned this when I took Hallie there.) So, apparently, Aren does not have this particular muscle problem causing his lack of speech. He is talking increasingly more the last few weeks.

No comments: