Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Quarter Back

No, I don't really mean quarter back but rather quarterback. I am positive that Aren will be next year's star quarterback for the Roughriders. I have evidence that this young guy can probably clean up and clean house. May I present Exibit A, my swollen, bruised nose. This should be all the evidence we need to make a decision. This morning I asked Aren to pass me the remote since it was right beside him. Big mistake! Huge! He picked that sucker up and tossed it at me, actually he hurled it at me. The remote caught me right on the bridge of my nose just under the corner of my eye.

Bill was surprised by my reaction as I recalled the event to him over the phone. He asked me how Aren survived the ordeal and then asked me if I had spanked him. Believe it or not, I didn't even yell at him. I never really had the chance. The impact shocked me so much and the intense and immediate pain left me in some serious tears. My nose felt like it was bleeding but, fortunately it wasn't. Oh, but the agony. My nose still hurts a great deal and is swollen enough that my glasses fit funny and my co-workers asked me what happened to my nose. Yay!!! That is after keeping a cold compress on it for almost an hour.

Aren felt very badly about the whole thing and curled up beside me and rubbed my arm and back. The concern in his eyes showed me that it was not intentional however, he was told he can't throw things like that at people...after I was able to have a thought process again.

It just so happens that while I was at work tonight Aren learned a new word, "catch". Boy, wouldn't that have been helpful a bit earlier?

So, quaterbacks around the World watch out...Aren may be taking your job next year.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Funny, I saw a guy speak once on self-defense for women and he said if you can't get the obvious male place, that the bridge of the nose was the next choice. He said even the smallest whack to that particular piece of cartilage hurts so much, you can likely distract him enough to get away.

So if the quarterback thing doesn't pan out, tell him to fall back on self-defense courses. ;)

Love Mom said...

I will keep that in mind...
Once he starts talking he can start raking in the money teaching womens' self defense...maybe it will pay for all those instruments he would love to play.