Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Next step...Old Folks Home...

Hallie starts kindergarten today. SNIFF!! I really can't believe that she should be starting kindergarten. Didn't we just watch her start to crawl? Didn't she just stop eating baby food? Okay, maybe not and maybe I am just being that over emotional mom that I am. Okay, okay you don't all need to start laughing at me...I AM being an over emotional mom; it's in my genetics. We can give credit to Grandma K.

Last night I was sitting with Hallie on the couch having a wonderful mommy/daughter time, she leaning against my lap,I stroking her hair. In, my emotional state, I said to her that I couldn't believe she was going to kindergarten all ready.

My daughter's kind, heartfelt and practical response to me was, "Oh, Mama, I'll be back."

I can feel the love, feel the understanding...really, it's overwhelming.

Today is also Jenn's last first day of school. Yesterday we spent some time looking for grad dresses on the internet. We have all ready found the shoes. Most girls find the dress and then need shoes to match. Jenn found a pair of really cool shoes and now we need to find the dress to match.

Bill has been showing me a lot of "sympathy" (not like I actually need sympathy). Last night while we were reflecting on the kids and discussing plans for today (he is sneaking out of work for a while to take Hallie to kindergarten with me.) he looks over at me and so lovingly tells me, "Yeah, your next step is an old folks home." Really, can you feel the love? (=P)

3 comments:

Christy said...

Given how fast the five years between giving birth and Kindergarten go, he may not be that far off with the old folks home thing. ;)

Cole starts Kindy Sept 12...I actually went through my weepy time in about May with both my kids. Now I'm just anxious to get them apart so I can have some peace and quiet!

Anonymous said...

i'm so happy to know you guys. reading your post made me realize how much i miss you guys. it seems like just yesterday that you were here, but then again it seems like forever ago. sniff. i hope i didn't make you cry. lol. anywho i love you so very much. you are such an awesome mom. he he

tanby said...

well i hope everybody had a great first day. please post all the details later. ps. give bull a smack for his comment. he is still older than you right?? love you all
T