Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Good News!!!

The last few weeks I have been missing my family, a lot. It is summer vacation and I haven't gotten to spend much time at all with any of my family. Hallie starts kindergarten this year and this really got me to thinking. The years go by so fast and, yes, she is only starting kindergarten but, it seems like yesterday that Cherish was starting kindergarten and she is in grade 7 this year. Soon I won't have the ability to spend time with my kids so I needed to do something about it NOW!!!

Yesterday I talked to the manager at BPs about my prediciment and asked if I could have Monday to Friday nights with Saturday and Sunday off. He said that that sounded like a great idea and that we could do it no problem. What a relief!!! I know I am still working nights and they are gone during the day but, by the time you get homework, chores, supper, baths, bed out of the way you don't get to see them much during the week anyway. I think I am going to like this arrangement a lot. I will be able to spend quality time with my family. Maybe we can even get to the farm once this year! Wow! Wouldn't that be a treat?

Anyway, that is my good news and I am very very excited about it.

1 comment:

Christy said...

How wonderful that your boss was so understanding and flexible. Best of luck with the new working arrangement!