Saturday, August 13, 2005

The countdown is on

That's right...only 3 days until we leave. The kids are pumped and I have to admit that I am really excited. I am so thrilled to be able to spend a nice week with my kids and my husband. My list of things to do seems to increase daily. Shouldn't it decrease since I am doing stuff that is on the list; really, I am. We have our house sitter/cat sitter/ fish sitter all arranged. Getting the camera batteries recharged and all my previous pictures put onto my computer and erased from my memory cards. I'm going to have to get lots of pictures this time; we are going to the zoo! A real zoo. Not like I am intentionally trying to diss the forestry farm or anything but...we get to see animals that we will most likely never see save for going to this zoo. We can see badgers in the community pasture and elk and mule deer in the fields. The Omaha Zoo has penguins, giraffes, elephants, sharks...the list does go on. I think I may even take the video camera. You never know how the kids will react to this stuff. I have 2 more shifts at BPs before we go so the majority of what needs done needs to get done tomorrow and Sunday. The pressure is on.

The drive down will be a test of patience, I am sure, on both parts...kids and parents. We'll see how it goes but the end will justify the means. Goodnight for now.

3 comments:

tanby said...

i thonk i like those 9's we talked about earlier. gas is now 1.06 ouch. anyway if i don't catch you b4 have lots of fun and drive safe. ps mom and i took your daughter to a bikers convention. more about that later.
T

Love Mom said...

COOL!!!!!! Way to go!! Did whe like all the bikes? Did you get pictures?

Spin Original said...

Hey,
I am having a b-day party for Cailyn on Wed, and i have an invitation for Hallie. Seems pointless for me to bring it over sicne you guys will already be gone! They will have to get together to play after the summers over. Have a great trip. We are leaving for our holidays on Thursday and actaully spending the night at Rob and Shanons. I am excited about that. Anyway, have fun and take care.