Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Happy Birthday, Rush!!!! (and a little vent too...)

Okay so I know this will show up with the wrong date, unless I can manipulate the date thing at the bottome. I will have to check that out later but...

Today (Aug 3) is Rush's 12th birthday!!!! Hooray!!! I can't believe she is 12 years old. It blows my friggin' mind to think that that much time has past. Do you realize that next year she becomes...da da dah...a teenager...? AAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK.

Anyway, our festivities today included absolutely nothing because I had to work from 11:45 until 10:15 tonight. I did have a slight break in between but not enough to do anything for her. Bummer. We are going to have her b'day supper on Sunday because everyone in the family (including our newest houseguest, more on that later) has that day off. Wow, 10 people living in this house right now and we all have the same day off. Weird.

Ok, so on to my vent and I don't like doing this often but, every once in a while you really need to blow your top about certain things or, I think, they will tear you apart.

As I said, today is Cherish's birthday and her sperm donor, oh, father didn't phone, send a card... nothing. He acts like she doesn't even exist. His mom didn't either and I can bet you with 100% confidence that if she were to call here tomorrow she would tell Cherish how much they miss her and how they are always thinking about her and how special she is to them. She just isn't, apparently, special enough for a gift, a card or even a phone call. Cherish has received nothing from these people (not one single family member), and I mean cards, letters, phone calls, gifts, in over 2 years now. I can count on one hand how many times she has heard from her dad in 7 years. Is that not pathetic?

I can be away from the kids for 1 week...and I have had to phone them at least 7 times and I have driven Bill absolutly insane with talking about them. I miss them to pieces so, I really don't understand this being able to live without her for 7 years. These people know nothing about her. They don't know she plays trumpet (and is pretty good at it); they don't know she is still in dance classes. They don't know she wants to learn to play the piano. They don't know that she won top spot in her age category for Youth citizen of our city this year or that she can't wait until today so that she is old enough to volunteer in the neighborhood old folks home. They know nothing about her. The last time they sent her anything, it was 4 sizes too small. They still think of her as a little 5 year old. It's so infuriating!!!

I would really like to, first, slap them all and then ask them what to heck they are thinking. On the plus side, these people are not good influences at all and, as her mom, I am glad she doesn't have to be around them. I just don't understand them not wanting to be around her. She is a super good kid. Also, the protective part of me comes out and wants to slap the crap out of these people for hurting her the way they do. I mean it doesn't affect her everyday but big days have been, in the past, huge. Birthdays, father's day, Christmas were all traumatic for this young girl. Oh, now I need to call her a young lady...sorry.

Anyway, that's it for now because I don't want to think anymore about her deadbeat S.D. (no, not super dad...S.D would be sperm donor.)

4 comments:

tanby said...

did CHERISH GET THE CARD FROM US? bRYCE PICKED IT OUT SPECIAL

Love Mom said...

Yes she did. She thought it was a cute little face. She is planning on sending an email sometime today.

Dominique said...

Wow! You're a mom of seven. (Can I have one?? Just kidding.) You are amazing. As I've been trying to start the adoption process (the paperwork is monumental) it is really awe-inspiring to me to see people who have children effortlessly do such a great job. On the other hand, I get really bogged down with sadness when I read so many kids profiles that are stuck in the foster care system who are so desperate for good families.

I love your laundry notes. And I was reading through some of your archives back to the really bad day at work. I am shocked that your resturant doesn't have a tip policy of groups larger than six. Every resturant that I can imagine I've been to automatically adds an 18% to the bill (assuming that large groups aren't going to pay their share). Shame on them.

What crafts do you have started? I'm a big starter, but a slow finisher. Working on a rag rug for my farmhouse. It started as a recycled effort, but ran out of old sheets quickly, then had to buy all the right colors from a fabric store. Next time I'll send a note out to everyone I know to donate old stuff. I love the concept of reusing stuff to make something beautiful. But get hung up on the esthetics of having the right colors.

Love Mom said...

Um, hi, yeah, R. the guilt trip was not to you b/c you do LOVE Rush and spend time with her when we all can and WANT to have a relationship with her. As far as not having $ for presents, we all understand that and don't care. It hasn't bothered anyone of us. So, no worries. We know you love us. That's ALL that matters.