Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Motherhood II

Okay, who here thinks moms have no use for creativity? Who hear thinks our creativity is being zapped from our very core? Mothers unite!!! I have learned how to have a little bit of fun when you are at your wit's end trying to get your children to help out around the house.

We have been trying to get everyone to help out with laundry as it piles up so very quickly in this house and every house. I have reached the end of yelling, stompinng and was about to use crying, whining and throwing myself to the ground while pounding my hands and feet... It just didn't seem dignified so...I had an idea. What if I bombarded them with a bunch of notes and reminders and just had a little bit of fun with it so I didn't stress myself out. Do you know why I am up this late? I am doing laundry because I think my children may be allergic to it. The symptoms they get when the mere word is mentioned are incredible, frightening even.

So, on my fridge door I have a note that reads
"Okay People
We have 2 choices.
1. We start doing the frigging laundry-especially Hallie's pee stuff-so the cat doesn't decide to pee on it anymore.
(Get and keep that laundry room clean and the cat litter fresh & dry)
OR
2. We shoot the cat and make a nice supper.
Seriously, people, this is very serious."

I have one on the upstairs bathroom door that reads
"It's me again. Please help out. Mom is about to lose her mind!!! How can you help? Thanx for asking. Go downstairs and assess the laundry situation..."

I have one at the top of the stairs that reads
"Mom has lost her mind. Please help her find it. Last seen in the middle of the laundry room. Possible location: under the huge pile of laundry."

There is one on the inside of the back door
"Have you done any laundry lately? Could you do even a small load?
Please help save the wildlife, namely Jewel and Mom. You need not send $-simply do some laundry."

There is one on the playroom TV
"If you have time to watch this TV, you have time to fold some clothes. Perhaps start a load of laundry. Can you match socks? Hallie and Aren have 300 pairs each. Do you know how many are in their drawers? NONE!!! When yu leave this room take some folded laundry with you and put it away."

There is one on the laundry room door
"Sorry for the inconvenience but...
This washer and dryer ARE in order.
Thanx management

and there is one on the downstairs bathroom mirror that I can't recall what I wrote, something along the lines of all the rest. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't but I'm going to try humor instead of yelling. I'll let you know if it works. Maybe I'm onto something and I will replace Dr. Spock in parenting book sales...you never know.

3 comments:

tanby said...

dear Dr. Phil.... let me know "hpw's thay working for you?" lol

p.s BJ made it back save and sound with all sorts of stories. more later


T.

Love Mom said...

I will let you both know if it works. So far this morning the kids HAVE been folding laundry. My jaw almost hit the floor. I will know if it worked for real in a month or so to see if it keeps up or not. I even moved the kitty litter so it is a lot more visible...maybe they will start changing that.

Oh, a girl can dream.....

Spin Original said...

You Go Girl!