Sunday, August 28, 2005

Day Two...August 17...My Birthday!!

"...and the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down in a rushing, roaring river...."

We woke up in the middle of the night to a HUGE thunderstorm! Did I say huge? I meant ginormous. The one clap of thunder was so loud that Savannah thought their side of the tent trailer was falling and in her fear and desperation to escape, jumped on top of Jenn. We got a laugh out of that one for a while.

When we woke up for the day, we were actually dry inside the tent trailer. We had some breakfast and Bill braved the still torrential rain storm to take down the tent trailer. When we stepped out of the tent to wait in the van, we found ourselves ankle deep in rain puddles.



By the time Bill was done with the tent trailer he was soaking wet. He literally rang out his shirts.


















The view of the rain through our windshield between wiper swipes. Like I said, torrential rain.




We quickly got on the road again so we wouldn't arrive too late at our next destination, Omaha, Nebraska. At this point, my birthday was "forgotten". Bill says it wasn't forgotten; it just slipped his mind because he had been so busy with the tent trailer and the rain. I wondered how it had slipped his mind for half of the day because it wasn't until about 10:30/11:00 (our time) when JENN remembered to wish me a happy birthday. I spent a very quiet morning...leaning my head against the window wishing myself a happy birthday.

Boy, did Bill feel badly when he realized what the date was. Travelling does get you a little mixed up...I suppose.

2 comments:

tanby said...

i sent you a card but once again happy birthday. i didn't forget but you were so far away. i have a song im gonna try to sent to you lateer you will get a kickn outta it
T

Dominique said...

Happy, happy birthday. Mine was 8/13. George typically forgets it and I forgive him. We try to downplay holidays and occasions and try to just celebrate each day together. Especially Christmas - it's really out of control, here. He remembered this year and finally gave me what I've been begging for since we've been married, a well-thought out card written with how he feels about me. I was so happy.