Friday, February 27, 2009

Let's keep score...

Still on this morality thing as the pivotal center of most Christians in the book (My Absurd Religion by Which I Make my Living by pastor Steve Gray) and this paragraph jumped at me from off the page.

"Good morality is not what makes a Christian. This should be the best news you've heard in a while. No, the mark of a Christian is the presence of God. Think about it - if morality makes a Christian, then Muslims are better ones than we are. They have a much more strict moral system than Christianity. But morality doesn't make a Christian. Presence does. When God was displeased with the children of Isreal in the wilderness, he threatened to take away his presence. I think that is pretty much what has happened to my absurd religion.

It is past time for Christianity to do away with preachers who preach morality and a powerless God. I will never be satisfied with a religion that only cleans the outside of the cup. I want my insides cleaned, too."

No comments: