Friday, July 21, 2006

Today is your birthday!!!

Three years ago today Bug and I were in the maternity ward, room #14. Three years ago today I was holding my beautifully and perfectly made son and cocooning him in one arm. Three years ago today my heart swelled with pride and love. Three years ago today I was nervous because I thought I was going to make a terrible mom to a boy and not know how to take care of him. Three years ago today I was struggling to get out of bed due to pain from a third and final c-section and three years ago today I couldn't think of a pain more worthwhile. In case you haven't figured it out, my handsome, smart, delightful Bug is three years old today (and as a side note, my dad is...ahem...45...ahem...sort of...).





















Buddy, you are one of the best things to ever happen to me. I am so proud of you, of the heart you have, of the determination you posess and of the little man I have watched you grow into. Your smile, sparkling, mischivious eyes, deep dimples, contagious giggle and zest for life make me fall in love with you all over again. Mama loves you so much-to the depths that I have not yet seen nor felt. I still can not fathom the incredible love I feel for you. You make me proud to be your mama.

P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad. I love you so much. You have given so much of yourself to and for me and, because of that, I owe a debt to you I can never possibly pay.

No comments: