Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Real Day

This morning I got my little girl ready for her first "real" day of kindergarten. She had a breakfast of a 1/2 bagel with herb and garlic cream cheese and a pear. We packed her a snack in her Strawberry Shortcake lunchbox. I wrote her a note for her to find when she opened it for snack time, brushed her hair, got her a sweater, brushed her teeth, put on her shoes, got Aren ready to go and were out the door. There was such a sense of anticipation, excitement and, well, oldness. Yes, oldness...Hallie felt old; I felt old and I think Cherish even felt old. The walk was a lot of fun: giggling, scipping and chattering the entire way to school. When we got to be a block away from school and you could see the top of the building peaking out from behind the trees Hallie stopped in her tracks; in a gaspy, breathless voice she said, "Mom, yook(look) zere is my school! Zat is my class. We is almost zere!!!!"

Here are some of the pictures we took from registration on Tuesday and today. A lot were video and I haven't figured out how to get those on here just yet but if I ever do I will post them.




Hallie on the day of Kindergarten registration. She looks so big and yet, so tiny and fragile and about to enter the big bad world. Wow, getting carried away with the over reacting mom thing again.














Entering the school, her first time as a student. Firefighter Aren came along with us for support and just in case we needed to rescue any cats from trees or anything like that. Hallie ran until we got just outside her classroom door and then she froze in fear. I had to get her in one baby step at a time. From then on there was no turning back; she loves all the stuff in her classroom (like the sanbox and the play kitchen and the library).
The note I sent Hallie in her lunch box. I know, I know...I am expecting jokes about this one....








On the walk to school...






Hallie and Mrs. Lepine, her very first teacher. (okay, so Ididn't cry dropping her off at school but reflecting on the day could possibly start the waterworks)








Hallie's little locker, for her little jacket and her little backpack and her little shoes....that she shares with 3 of her little friends.....

1 comment:

tanby said...

she looks so grown up here. one word you kept repeating was little. sorry to break it to you hun but she's not so little anymore. your baby girl is growing up. love ya
T