Tuesday, September 06, 2005

My Dad the Gorilla...

I kind of got distracted with life (and life and death with Hurricane Katrina) to be posting pictures and stories from the zoo but perhaps this would be a great time to lighten everyone's spirits, if just for a moment.

While we were at the zoo, we stopped by the HUGE Silver-Backed Gorilla. My son, Aren was fascinated by him. He took one look at this creature, pointed right at him and said...

....Oh you are not going to believe it; it was so funny...Ok, ok. He said, while pointing right at Mr. Gorilla,"Dada!!" I darn near peed my pants I was laughing so hard.

Another gorilla story...same gorilla...

While we were on the inside of the gorilla building by Mr. Gorilla's compound, Cherish decided to take a break from walking and sat on the ledge leaning against the window of Mr. Gorilla's compound. He walked from across the other side, grunted, leaned against the window with his arms crossed like she was, looked over his shoulder and grunted/snorted at her. I got a picture of that one too.

No comments: