Monday, August 18, 2008

What makes my boy tick?

He is definitely a boy and I am still learning how to deal with the thought processes of boys and how they figure things out as they grow and move step by step towards becoming men. I have been able to see some of the process through LilB and Tuff but not the complete process and it is kind of interesting in a "I am not sure if I totally get this" way.

Bug rejoices in smelling like a man. The other day his feet stunk...like seriously stunk! He wanted us all to smell his feet, sticking them proudly under our noses and giggling with glee with at our responses; he then proceeded to ask us to smell his armpits. Jellybean, being a sucker for punishment, did and told him that between his feet and his pits he stunk!! He looked at her with a confidence and joy and told her, as a matter of factly, "I smell like a ma-an!"

Farting noises are incredibly funny to him...do they ever grow out of the humor in that?

He is intrigued by any smell that resembles flatulance. He was out with BigB for the day as they went for a tow. BigB had packed egg salad sandwiches and Bug began to sniff as BigB took them out of the cooler. "Uh, Dad...what smells like toots?", he asked his dad giggling.

He likes to take anything he can apart...have his toy dinosaurs eat the pigs from his farm animals and rip the arms off Jellybean's dolls. He also thrives on wrestling with anyone and everything he can and boy can this boy work. He goes to the church and moves chairs to help set up for service, hauls ladders to help people, drags 2x4's to whomever is needing one at the moment...he has a very keen interest in anything tool...powertool! He loves to pound out a beat on the drum, on the cat, on the back of a chair, on the wall...on his sister's head...

I realize this is normal boy behavior but I sometimes take little moments to wonder what it is that makes him think the way he does or find joy in the things he does...what makes him tick!?

I can tell you one thing...whatever it is that makes him tick, I wouldn't want him to change one little bit! I love him just the way he is!

No comments: