Thursday, August 28, 2008

Like sand through the hourglass...

...so are the days of our lives...

It doesn't seem to matter what happens in our daily lives...the world just keeps spinning. I guess that's one of God's ways of saying 'get up on your feet. Get over it. Suck it up; this is so totally not about you.'.

Today was my "friday" at work; tomorrow is my bank day and Monday is a stat holiday-a 4 day weekend and I am so looking forward to it.

Tomorrow I will be in a conference session on children's ministry, followed by our regularily scheduled evening service (and it will be great as usual). Saturday we are going to a wedding and I am really looking forward to it; it's gonna be a lot of fun. I get to hang out with some of my family and I am very happy about that. Sunday brings more services, including an evening one to bring our conference to a close. Monday is going to be a rest, relax day (perhaps a little laundry).

It's pretty much a run of the mill weekend. And for that I am glad...we had some soap operah(sp) worthy action at work today and I long to be away from that drama...now I am going to go make some pies...

No comments: