Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Is it crazy in here or is it just me?

Working nights at the hospital just got interesting, for lack of a more appropriate word. Last night, or was it this morning?, we had people who figured I was registering them as the wrong person even though all their information matched up (including middle name) and people who were using courtesy phones to call outside of the hospital to threaten someone for killing them. That's right; he called someone to threaten them for killing him. I am still trying to figure that one out. In the wee hours of the morning it is kind of funny in an all-I-can-do-is-laugh kind of way. After I got off work all I kept thinking was 'will the world get even crazier?'.

I am finding that there are times you feel like you will either look at the patient and laugh or look at them and cry. Unfortunately neither option would be a good career move. Laughing would get me in trouble and crying would get me admitted downstairs.

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

You are a funny lady. Sounds like last night was prett interesting - and, yes, I think "crazy" suits just fine. How was the trip? I have been waiting for a post about how the whole thing went!
I think it may be the freezing cold weather that has people acting strange from being cooped up so long. Well, that is what I am blaming my craziness on these days..