Wednesday, August 02, 2006

She's growing up

Tomorrow Rush turns 13 years old. I can't believe she has been a part of my life for 13 years all ready. We've been through an awful lot in our lives; we've stuck beside each other through good times and bad times and have always been there to support each other.

We have a special bond, Rush and I. That sort of happens when you're a single mom and dealing with all the stuff that follows suit with that. I am not going to put a negative spin on this at all.

I just want you to know, Rush, that I am so incredibly proud of how you take care of your brother and sister for us when we are at work and all the hard work you do. I am so proud of the heart you have, the love of music you have, the talent you have developed in your chosen instruments, the inner strength I see in you, the inner and outer beauty that you possess and the strength and grace you have used to deal with the circumstances you have met so far in your life.

You are so special that I just can't even begin to express how much you mean to me and you know that for me to be at a loss for words is rare. I love you with all that I am, all that I can be and all that you made me become. Happy birthday, baby. Welcome to the next phase of your life.

Oh, by the way, tomorrow I teach you how to put on your new makeup!!! (wink)

No comments: