Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Nuclear Meltdown

Oh yes, people, a nuclear meltdown has been had by all in this house; perhaps even a few times each today.

At school today the girls attended a Remembrance Day assembly. I haven't been able to make out all the details but Hallie has informed me there were soldiers (I am assuming a video) and that she got real sad and the tears fell off her face. (Her words.) While telling bill about this on the phone a few minutes ago. I posed the question "why get kindergarten kids to watch stuff like this? Look at how it affects them." Bill, ever so kind and gentle Bill says," Yes, Ang but think about it for a second, not all Kindergarten students are related to you." (inferrence to my tear ducts being too close to my bladder).

Before school I had to give Hallie an emergency hair cut because her sister gave her gum last night and Hallie refused to take it out at bedtime when said sister told her to. Mom and Dad were not informed of this dilema. Anywho, as I was getting Hallie ready for school I notice big gob o' gum in her hair. What the *%$#?! Out come the scissors and snip, snip, snip. I now have a lopsided kid.

Aren has gotten into the phase of wanting to watch movie after movie and some members of this family oblige. I only let him watch one movie today and the rest of the day was tears, begging and turmoil. I tried to send him downstairs to play with his toys only to find him trying to figure out how to put a movie on downstairs. However I have triumphed and and he has only watched ONE movie... (and the crowd goes wild).

Anyway, with all of this...I am close myself to a nuclear meltdown myself. You all know the kind; the crying, the snotting, the bawling, the screaming, the sobs, the blubbering, the nobody ever listens to me, nobody loves me, mom nuclear meltdown. However, I will rise above it. I refuse to have this meltdown today...

No comments: