Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Ball is Rolling

As you all know and have seen, the dress is bought but, the plans officially began tonight. At 7:00 I headed off to the high school for the first of many grad meetings requiring this family's presence. Jenn was at work, obviously Deanna and Darryl couldn't come in to town for a short meeting and Bill was not feeling well. So, there I sat, thinking 'it wasn't really that long ago I was sitting in my own grad meetings, long enough but not long enough to be here for my children.' That feeling always weirds me out; you know like when I was 25 years old and buying school supplies for high school for Billy.

Anyway, having gotten that all off my chest, I am not an executive of any committees this year (nor was I when Billy graduated because we were not informed of THAT meeting); I really don't feel I have time to commit. I may sign up on a committee but I am still debating that as I feel bad about signing up for something that I can't be counted on with 100% certainty (at least 80% certainty).

Jenn & I sat around the kitchen table tonight and discussed grad. We have a checklist going on of things that still need to be done, bought and planned; we have a checklist of fees that need to be paid and approximations of grad video costs and picture fees. This year will be a little different than when Billy graduated. We ran short of time very quickly after the ceremony, family/friend lunch and getting ready for the Grand March and all he had to do was put on a tux. Jenn & I have talked about just getting a reservation for Friday for family (the kids, Bill, myself, Deanna, Darryl and if any grandparents, aunts, uncles, blah, blah, blah want to come...a pay for yourself kind of thing) and then on Saturday (less stressful Saturday) we will have a bbq or buffet lunch for everyone to come to. The big party...the feast...the...I don't know, I'm getting carried away.

So, my life for the next little while, outside of my regular schedule will be getting her scrapbook together. I have some pictures copied, more to find and more to sort but I started this tradition with Billy and will continue it for all the kids. I loved every minute of it.

Anyway, back to the books for me and off to bed.

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

Wow! That sounds like a lot of planning! I don't remember my grad to belike that. I don't even know if I had a checklist... Hmmm. I had someone making my dress for me and she thought that my grad was a week later than it really was, so there was me going for my last fitting 2 days before grad! I was a little stressed. It all worked out and I love every minute of my graduation. I often say that I would re-live grade 12 over and over and over...