Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Meet our little friends...

Their new home...



Meet Fredrico and Rodriguez, the newest members of our family.

I haven't learned to like them yet but, I am getting a bit more adjusted to having them in my house, locked in Rush's room, under lock and key...

We, meaning Rush, bought their home on her birthday and they became official family members on Aug 9. (Rush has yet to really enjoy them as she left Monday to work at the group home - until Saturday. I have bravely been feeding them their crickets and spraying their home and, I have to admit I am getting used to them being around...as long as they are in their terrarium. Still not too hot on the idea of touching them or having them loose (held by children) in my house but it will come.)


She sure is excited to have them; it has been a long wait for Rush. She has talked about having little guys like these for a few years now. Thanks for being so patient, baby.


Bug enjoying just watching the critters...


I am not sure if I really am going to enjoy the fact the Fredrico and Rodriguez are here as it has caused quite a ripple effect. Jellybean wants a corn snake, Bug a tarantula and BigB his own terrarium of reptiles, including one he needs a collar and leash for; yes, a bearded dragon or iguana of some sort. Not for this girl. Give me a dog, a horse, a cow, a buffalo...a rhinocerous even but please, for all that will leave me sane leave the reptiles, amphibions and arachnids out of THAT much of my home (she said somewhat jokingly).

Please welcome Fredrico and Rodriguez to our home and to our family. They will, from now on, be referred to as The Boys or The Critters.

No comments: