Friday, April 18, 2008

We've had a scare and a huge eye opener

An explosion in the hometown of two of our children today has claimed the life of at least one person and has 2 of the energy workers in very critical shape; other injuries, including the owner of the building, are unknown as to the extent. The news was sketchy to say the least and left imaginations to run wild.

The blast was heard and felt through the majority of the town and originated very close to where BigB's ex-wife worked. In that brief moment we forgot that she had been transferred and our thoughts went immediately to her safety.

It made me realize that I wasn't just concerned because she is the mother of 4 of my children and that her loss would greatly affect all 7 of my kids but that I really was concerned for her just because I like her and I would be affected on a personal level myself.

Funny how things like this can be used to tear off blinders, break down walls and make you realize just who is really important and how much they are valued.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

So thankful that all of your family is ok. It is true that traumatic situations sometimes help us to identify what is truly important.

Take care friend!

Dixie Vandersluys said...

Wow. That's scary. I'm going go check out what I can find about it online. Glad your crew is okay.