Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Time certainly is a slippery little sucker

I came home from work tonight with every intention of making cookies with the kids. Rush kindly had supper ready on the table for us by the time we all got home from work/Pa & Grandma's house so we didn't have to worry about that. After supper I read a bit and when I was done I sat with Jellybean as she read the book she brought home from school to read, "You Can't Eat Chicken Pox, Amber Brown". She is just now reading some of the "harder" chapter books from the class's library so it took us a lot longer than anticipated. By the time we were done and had wandered into the kitchen to bake it was 10 minutes to bedtime. Drat!!! I have since made a date with Jellybean and Bug to meet me in the kitchen Saturday afternoon right after lunch and we will make our cookies!!

We'll keep a tighter grip on time that day!

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

I agree that time slips FAR too easily away!! I have my mind filled with good intentions, and before I know it I am running late and can only do what's needed. I think, for me, I need to be better at time management. And, as soon as I think I have a few extra minutes, that's when I seem to move slower. I sure don't get this whole "time" thing and sometimes wish I didn't have to sleep at all so I work at night and spend all day doing the fun stuff.