Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Oh Swirling Vortex of Blizzard

Highway workers were ordered off strike due to an impending blizzard that hit us last night. It is crazy here but, I find it invigorating in an 'am I ever glad I don't live in 1925 kind of way'. I love the feeling of being safe and warm in my house watching the snow swirling in front of our windows.

The girls got home from school at 3:30 approximately and we got home from work at 4:45; in that hour their footprints were completely gone and we were snowed out of our house.

Rush and I visited BigB one time when we were just dating; it was October 31 and we decided to walk to the store to get the fixings to make pizza. In order to do that we had to shovel our way OUT of the house but it was a fun trek to the store and a fond memory.

So if you live in the vicinity of this blizzard grab a good book, a fuzzy blanket, a hot cup of cocoa, a loved one to snuggle with and enjoy the warmth within your home.

Update:
Randall wrote a phenomenal post on this blizzard complete with some very interesting news links. This is incredible

No comments: