Sunday, October 01, 2006

An epiphany

That's right, folks. I have seemingly had an epiphany. I think that I have not only been neglecting my friends lately but...I have also been neglecting myself and some very important parts of who I am. I haven't been doing it purposely or even knowingly been doing it. Now that I am aware, however, I had better get my act together and change this tragedy.

I had two monumentous moments that led to this epiphany of mine. The first being when we were in the truck on the way to the last free dump day of the year; I looked in the rear view mirror and saw 2 caterpillars staring at me from the top frame of my glasses. That's right! Gross!!! I need to take care of my physical self.

The second milestone on this journey of mine today was while BigB and I were at a local coffeehouse. As we walked in the door I saw a friend of mine strumming her guitar. We listened to her singing some of the songs that she has written and I realized that I have neglected my poetic self. It has been so long since I have done any writing (excluding here obviously; I mean artsy writing). I LOVE writing poetry. It is very therapeutic for me-cleansing, healing even and I have neglected that part of me in a long time.

I am so over that! I will take better care of my physical and spiritual self and my, just for BigB, artsy fartsy poetry writing self. I can't neglect myself anymore than I can neglect my friends. I have missed you all so much...It's time for some balance. I am back, baby; I am back!

Edited to add...
I just popped over to mamasaysohm and saw what this weeks theme was and, wow, did this post ever fit...

No comments: