Monday, October 01, 2007

Skip to the caf my darling.

Rush came home from school today telling me as soon as she walked up to the house that she needed to talk to me in private. It sounded quite urgent and given the circumstances this past week my heart skipped a beat.

Her eyes filled wtih tears as she told me that she was sorry and that she did something that we were going to be very angry at her as she had made a stupid decision. Apparently, she skipped phys ed today. She didn't do it to go to the mall or to visit with her friends or to smoke a cigarette. No, she skipped because she thought she was going to be too busy tonight to study for a science test she didn't know about (they found out Friday after she had left the school due to all the chaos) and so she went to the cafeteria to study for her science test.

How many kids will skip class to go study?

Granted, some people can say that we are gulible for believing that she went to study but those will be the same people who don't truly know her or just want to tease. I know that she is telling the truth(her gym teacher is apparently very hot...who would miss that?) and I also know...

that I have the cutest geeknerd daughter ever!

No comments: