Sunday, August 07, 2005

Patience

I have a funny little story about Hallie when she & I were out on Thursday. We were standing in a check out line that was a little longer than she figured it should be and she started shifting from one foot to the other, looking around and starting to get antsy. She asked me why they couldn't hurry up and I told her that it was busy and they were all doing the best she could. I said, "You just need to be patient."
"Mom," she said, "I am just a little kid. I don't know how to be patient yet."
"Hallie, because you just said that I know you ARE old enough to be patient."
She then stopped complaining about it.

Perhaps you will see the humor in it, especially if you know Hallie and how she can be. To others it may be a "you had to be there" story. I think it was pretty humorous.

1 comment:

Spin Original said...

Hi Angela,
Been a while!
Cailyn is beginning to say things that totally astound me, too. She replies to everything I say (wether I want her to or not) and she asks questions all the time and remembers things that I don't. It is actually getting a little scary. It's almost like having another adult around to show me up and catch all my flaws...

Anyway, I miss you! I didn't see you this morning at church. Give me a call, I want to know whats going on with you!
PJ