Monday, March 30, 2009

We got out of the snow globe!

On Saturday, after LilB left and after music practice, we hopped into a borrowed van and drove off to Stoon. Pastor rob was with us as we were taking him to the airport and CherylB came along for the ride. Before leaving we stopped at BK for a quick lunch and had some laughs. The puddles in their parking lot made me alarmingly aware of the need to get Jellybean and Bug new rubber boots! The puddles are HUGE and they were immediately drawn to their alluring splash potential.

BigB got some computer parts bought that he needs for the church's computers and we succeeded in getting another shirt for our newest music team member. By this time, we were tired and hungry and stopped by a mall before it closed so we could grab a quick supper. As per my usual "mall food" choice, I ran to Edos for Sukiyaki Beef. (Oh! It is SO good and takes me back to my days of Grade 12 when I ate it everyday of one semester as I walked from my school to another for a Journalism class)

We had a quick romp through one of the WalMarts there and found me a new pair of black heels that are super comfortable. The girls wanted to run around Old Navy just so they could say, "Welcome to Old Navy" like in the movie "Meet Dave" with Eddy Murphy. Unfortunately we didn't get there on time and so, I was trying to convince them that it would be funnier to do that in WalMart. No dice.

We didn't really do much there nor did we have the time to but it was fun and it sure was nice to get out of the snow globe we live in (even if it was only for a few hours); right CherylB?

No comments: