Wednesday, January 30, 2008

For our American Friends and Family

Today was minus 43 Farenheit! Yup! It was bitter cold and this morning the fog lay on the ground like a goose down blanket (thick and lumpy? YES!). Oh, I don't think they took the windchill into account for that temperature. Schools were closed; buses weren't running and the diehard smokers were even second guessing their desire to have a smoke. :)




That smokey haze that makes it look like a bad picture is the fog(taken at 7:30 this morning) but here is a much better and lovlier picture that Marc took of the fog at some point. While we were going to work you couldn't see the on-coming cars until they were right beside you, the on-coming pedestrians either. It was so foggy that we heard a small voice come from Jellybean in the back seat of the van, "Daddy, I think we are very, very lost. I don't know where I am."


Now to do a little preaching to myself and my fellow weather complainers...


This cold snap has brought tragedies along with it...several deadly accidents and this...to name a few. So, I set my inconveniences aside from this annual occurance of harsh prairie weather; who cares that I have to plug my van in all the time or go start it several times during the course of the work day just so it will start at home time? Who cares that we need to dig out our long johns and undershirts and can't go outside for more than 5 minutes at a time? My kids are safe in their beds and for that I am so very thankful.

No comments: