Sunday, July 24, 2005

My boy's birthday



Aren having fun eating the brownie the girls decorated for him at BP's. He was so happy to have them sing just for him and he looked rather awestruck. As for supper, he had his typical bugs and cheese pasta. His birthday supper was a success. Bill &I were there of course;Billy & Jenn managed to be there insteadof work and Cherish and Hallie. We were missing Daniel and Kristina but we have Kristina's birthday in a few days. What to do after supper? We toyed with a few ideas: renting a movie seemed the most popular but on the way home I thought about us all going to the playground for awhile and that was a BIG hit...

We went on the slides, on the swings, on the merri-go-round, the monkey bars, in the mud, in the sand... Hallie was brave enough to climb to the very top of the tallest slide they had but not quite brave enough to slide down and needed rescued by Billy...good, brave, strong big brother to the rescue... We got the kids to pose for a picture that, when I envisioned it, seemed to be a wonderful picture. In reality, it didn't quite work out the way I wanted it but I managed to snap a quick photo so here that one is...

and then we tried...

We came home unwrapped presents, watched "The Bob the Builder" movie he picked out himself and then he played. The biggest hit for the night was the punching bag thing Cherish got him....Aren went to bed one happy little 2 year old. I love you buddy!!!

2 comments:

tanby said...

Happy birthday little man, Aunty loves you!
T

Sounds like you had a great day

Spin Original said...

Hey Angela,
I am around, but barely have time to write. I really want to post, but I am waiting for the right things to say. Having some writers block....
Hope things are good with you. I just told Bill to say HI to you for me. Hope to see you soon! I am preaching on Sunday, will I ssee you then???